Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Another Advertisment For Myself


 I spent most of 2013 and a small chunk of 2014 thinking about and writing Something Coming Through; part of 2014 was also consumed by the processes that turn a manuscript into a book: editing, copy-editing and minutely inspecting proofs. And while I wrote and revised the first draft of a new book, the production and publishing process has been edging forward and suddenly, in less than a month, the thing itself will be in the shops. So it goes from the point of view of an author - slow, slow, quick, slow, and then the sudden birth.

Gollancz are offering a special price for the ebook: you can pre-order it right now from all UK sellers for £1.99. So why not take advantage of their reckless generosity?

5 Comments:

Blogger RFYork said...

I really wish your books were available in the US.

You are one of my favorite authors and, it annoys me that it's hard to find your books here.

So, to the Book Depository once more. I'd prefer to have it in eBook form but, that seems unlikely, at least at the UK price.

AAARGH

January 20, 2015 10:49 pm  
Blogger Paul McAuley said...

Don't despair - check yr favourite book retailer. Something Coming Through will be published in the US in ebook and standard form on February 19th, as in the UK.

January 20, 2015 11:34 pm  
Blogger RFYork said...

Thanks Paul,

I am very happy to hear that.

Rick York

January 21, 2015 8:25 pm  
Blogger ediFanoB said...

I found information about your new book and the special offer in the GOLLANCZ News which I received today.

I live in Germany and I'm happy that Amazon.de offers "Something Coming Through" for 2,49 EUR.

The description of "Something Coming Through" convinced me to pre-order a copy.



@RFYork,
hello, I just checked Amazon.com and "Something Coming Through" is available for pre-order. Price: $1.99 check ASIN: B00MNGZXHE

January 22, 2015 2:47 pm  
Blogger David D. said...

How exciting! A new McAuley title. More about the Jackaroo spacetime. And, available at the same time and on the same terms to American readers!

P.S. I found it under ASIN B00MTXJ9NU.

January 25, 2015 3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts